Seminarian Intern

 


On August 24th, we will be welcoming to the parish Mr. Patrick Blenman.  He is a seminarian studying at Mt. St. Mary's in Mt. Washington to serve as a priest of our Archdiocese.

As part of their diocese's program to form men to be good and holy priests, the seminary sends them out for one full school year into the parishes to work under the pastor and assist him as needed.

They call this program the "seminarian intern" program.  It's a kind of mentorship / apprenticeship or residency program, designed to give them some practical experience in the midst of their academic studies and spiritual formation.

Patrick will be living at St. Peter's, in the lower level of the rectory where the St. Peter office recently had been.

We thank Debbie, Greg, Deacon Ron, and parish volunteers for all the help they have given in making that living space ready for him.

Patrick will "hit the ground running" and ready to work when he arrives.  He will be involved in religious education, youth group, RCIA, liturgical planning and implementation, sick and shut-in visitation and many other activities.

Here's his self-introduction:

Hello! My name is Patrick Blenman, and I am your seminarian intern for this upcoming school year. I am from Holy Angels Catholic Church in Sidney, OH, a small town in west-central Ohio, where I have lived almost my entire life. I am (one of!) the youngest child of Frank and Melissa, with my older brother Daniel and my older sister Rachel, as well as my twin brother Stephen. I have just completed 6 years of seminary education: 4 years getting my undergraduate degree in Catholic Studies at Bishop Simon Brute College Seminary in Indianapolis, and 2 years of Theology at Mt. St. Mary's Seminary and School of Theology here in Cincinnati. Some hobbits and activities I enjoy are camping, movies, hanging out with friends, and making popcorn. I am so blessed to be able  to be here at St. Mary and St. Peter for this upcoming year to get to serve you and to learn more about parish life. I can be bad at names, so please be patient with me as I start out, but I look forward to being able to get to know you and your families as I begin my year and throughout this upcoming year. Don't be afraid to reach out to me at any point if you have any prayer requests; I would be glad to pray for you and hope that you will send a couple of prayers up for me as I begin this time with you. Once again, I look forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming weeks and to be able to serve you and Fr. Reutter this upcoming year. 

Please keep him and all of the men preparing for the holy priesthood in your prayers.  

Once Patrick arrives, you can reach him by calling the parish (extension 3) or by email at sccr.patrick@outlook.com.

Popular posts from this blog

New priests' ordination video

Facing the Father together