Spiritual Communion prayers


As we approach the second in a row where the faithful will not be able to attend Mass, I wanted to remind you of the very helpful practice of making a spiritual communion on Sunday.   Read more about what a spiritual communion is here and here..  (I love the quote from St. Catherine of Siena).  I am including a couple of options for that prayer.  Choose one you like and pray it by yourself or together with your family.

==== 

Saint John-Marie Vianney (18th and 19th century priest from France and patron saints of priests) once said “when we feel the love of God growing cold, let us instantly make a Spiritual Communion. When we cannot go to the church, let us turn towards the tabernacle; no wall can shut us out from the good God.” 

  • Spiritual Communion prayer by St. Alphonsus Liguori

    See the source image

     
  • Spiritual Communion prayer by His Excellency Gregory Mansour (an Eastern Catholic bishop)


"O Divine Ocean of Mercy and Compassion, be with us in our time of trial and difficulties.

Today I make an act of spiritual communion with you, the Life-Giving Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

At this time I am not able to receive the sacred body and blood of my Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ, but I choose to live in union with him and in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

I offer my day, my daily life, my joys and sorrows to you, for those around me, and for the whole world. Be with us O life-giving Triune God, for we know that nothing in this world has power over us.

O Lover of all people, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

St. Alphonsus Liguori

St. John Vianney

Popular posts from this blog

New priests' ordination video

Our Lady Queen of Peace, pray for us!